Web design is always changing; trends come and go. If you’re a web design Melbourne, it’s important to stay on top of new trends, as clients are often keen to know ‘what’s popular’.
Here, we explore some of the predicted trends for the year ahead.
1. Large background images. The internet is very visual, and this design trend certainly takes this point on board. Large background images (when carefully chosen) can be captivating and produce a real ‘wow’ factor. Image choice is important here; colour contrast and image complexity need to be taken into account.
2. Responsive design. These days, people are accessing the internet across a number of devices – desktops, laptops, smart phones and tablets. This being the case, a responsive website is fast becoming essential; sites need to be easily accessible across all devices. Responsive design practices are becoming more important for native apps in particular; 2015 is set to bring us closer to the day that web and native apps become one and the same.
3. Privacy. This is becoming a big issue worldwide – and it’s going to affect website design and development. We’ve always designed for security in some instances – for example, when it comes to ecommerce web development, secure checkout systems have always been a must. However, web users are becoming more aware of how data can be exchanged with third parties, and this needs to be taken into consideration.
4. Vibrant designs. Google’s latest Material Design guidelines will certainly influence designers. These design principles combine the texture of paper and ink with the imagination made possible by digital technology. Expect bold colours contrasted with muted elements, soft directional shadows and lighting, and large typography.
5. Branding. As an increasing number of businesses start out online, digital-first branding is set to rise. This often means that web designers double as branding experts – it’s up to them to create logos, as well as the desired ‘look and feel’ of a business.
Get in first
As a leading web design company, you don’t want to merely follow trends – you want to be the one to offer them first. After all, web design is all about being creative and edgy. When it comes to business, innovation is everything. Whether you’re a web designer in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth or any of the other major cities in Australia, be sure to keep your finger on the pulse. International design trends always make it to Australia eventually – so why not be the first to offer them here!